Associate professor, bachelor and PhD degree from Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU). In 2005, she joined Department of Physics, SJTU, as a teaching assistant. She was awarded an Alexander von Humboldt fellowship (Germany) in 2006 and Junior Associate fellowship at the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP, Italy) in 2008. Her research areas include mathematical physics and plasmas. Her research focuses on integrable systems, soliton theory, and nonlinear waves in physics, fluids, atmosphere, oceans, plasmas, and so on.
Integrable systems, Soliton theory, Nonlinear waves
- J. R. Yang, X-y Tang, X. N. Gao, X. P. Cheng and S. Y. Lou, Drift shocks, explosions and vortices in inhomogeneous quantum magnetoplasma, EPL 94 (2011) 45001.
- X-y Tang, J. Zhao, F. Huang and S-y Lou, Monopole blocking governed by a modified KdV type equation, Stud. Appl. Math. 122 (2009) 295-304.
- X-y Tang and P. K. Shukla, Child–Langmuir flow in a planar diode filled with charged dust impurities, Phys. Plasmas 15 (2008) 023702.
- X-y Tang and P. K. Shukla, Solution of the one-dimensional spatially inhomogeneous cubic-quintic nonlinear Schrödinger equation with an external potential, Phys. Rev. A 76 (2007) 013612.
- X-y Tang, K. W. Chow and S-y Lou, Some novel nonlinear coherent excitations of the Davey-Stewartson system, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 38 (2005) 10361-10375.
- S-y Lou and X-y Tang, Equations of arbitrary order invariant under the Kadomtsev-Petviashvili symmetry group, J. Math. Phys. 45 (2004) 1020-1030.
- X-y Tang and S-y Lou, Extended multilinear variable separation approach and multivalued localized excitations for some (2+1)-dimensional integrable systems, J. Math. Phys. 44 (2003) 4000-4025.
- X-y Tang, S-y Lou and Y. Zhang, Localized excitations in (2+1)-dimensional systems, Phys. Rev. E. 66 (2002) 046601.
- X-y Tang, C-l Chen and S-y Lou, Localized solutions with chaotic and fractal behaviours in a (2+1)-dimensional dispersive long-wave system, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 35 (2002) L293-L301.
- S-y Lou, X-y Tang and J. Lin, Similarity and conditional similarity reductions of a (2+1)-dimensional KdV equation via a direct method, J. Math. Phys. 41 (2000) 8286-8303.